Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She makes the world a better place...

The weather is beyond hot... Its almost too hot to function... I get up though, to go to my "auditing" lecture. Luckily, the professor isn't boring so its not that bad. Also, its fine when i'm inside a building, opposed to being outdoors, without a beach nearby. Its 11:40 am so I head to where my friends and i normally meet during our breaks. We chat, laugh, complain, gossip, and occasionally make a fool of ourselves, forgetting that one of the professors' offices is right outside our hangout. I get in the car when my "educational" day is over and head home. The music on the radio makes me think about my life....

What I want...
What I dream of...
What I missed...
What I regret...
What I think I can't get...
What my life would've been...
What I love...
What I still remember...
What I lost...
What I gained...

I finally reach home and agonize over the fact that i'm gonna get out of the car and face the burning sun, even though just for thirty seconds...

AS I head to the front door... I change my direction and head to the backdoor to go to my brother's apartment.. Its too early so my brother and sister in law are not home from work yet... I open the door... and there she is...

The joy of our house... my beautiful niece...

She was preoccupied with her baby walker but the instant I appeared, the smile that grew on her face was mesmerizing... I pick her up and put her on my lap and we watch barney... She gets too excited when barney is on and starts to clap and make noises, thinking she's talking to him... She's so adorable that I fear I can kiss her to death... Five minutes later she gets agitated so i place my finger on her chin... She tries to bite it.. so I tell the nanny to prepare her milk because she's hungry... I feed her... she looks me straight in the eyes while she's drinking and falling asleep in my arms... My heart beats faster, for the most beautiful thing is sleeping in my arms... I then find myself promising her...

I will never let anyone hurt you...
I will will teach you and show you everything...
I will love you no matter who you become...
I will love you no matter who you will fall in love with...
I will love you no matter how many mistakes you make...

Baby juju then holds my pinky finger... and for that minute... that beautiful minute.... The world is a better place...

6 comments:

  1. mashalla mu 9ij your writing its amazing, YOUR too amazing.. i cant believe your a part of my life.. mashalla 3alaich everytime i read your posts i learn something new.. just when you think you know someone very well. allah ya7fith'ha likum ya rab! a7la jassimya bildinya!! love you tatio;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. loool a7ess people al7een yegron 3abalhum 9ejj esemha jassmiya.. Its not! lol we just call her that as a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whered the new post dissappear :(
    i was commenting chan ye5tfy :(

    laughed my ass off though ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. looool my friend read it and thought it was inappropriate.. (although all the mentioned friends approved of it)... Lol fa madait el booz oo i deleted it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wallah i didnt think there was anything wrong with it, bs 6ab3an eli yray7ch =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mee too! bss enzafait shway lol..

    ReplyDelete