Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Loss..





Dear shinazi,

When you left.. I was strong.. I knew I would be okay… I knew that this is life.. People come and people go.. I knew I was going to be okay.. I was positive I was going to be okay… I was okay… But now… more than a year later … I realized that it was so easy to be amazing when you were around… It was so easy to be a good student, a good friend, a good sister, a good daughter… But now… I realized that the real test is being all that without you around… That was the test… I failed the test… I failed you… I don’t recognize myself.. I don’t remember my old self.. And I don’t want to do anything about anything… Having an amazing family and friends can’t cover up the fact that I’m a big disappointment.. You used to always tell me how proud you were of me… I don’t think you would feel that way now… I hate how much I miss you! No one understands! I feel like a kid and no one understands! Khalas ya3ne I’m supposed to be over it! I try my best to just be normal but I’m not normal.. There are many things I never told you! I never told you that ur phone calls used to make my day.. I never told you how much your love kept me out of trouble… I never told you that I never needed anyone else.. I never told you that I still watch “the Rock” and remember how u never got to watch the whole movie.. We used to always make fun of you! Or about “Rain Man”, when we had the scene mal Dustin Hoffman and Tom cruise bel phone booth! Athkerrrr laiman u CRIED mn el the7ek! I never told you how much you made me laugh when you used to wake us up mn el nom by doing that crazy massage of yours eli chenna earthquake.. I never told you how much i loved that old 90s nike training suit even though kent a3ayebb 3alaik wayedd.. I never told you that when kent you hold my hand while netmasha in London… how safe that made me feel.. Even though I was nineteen… how my friends used to make fun of me… When I used to watch romantic movies and say, “abiii a7ad e7ebni..” You would come and open ur arms and say, “ana a7ebech..” I used to say, “mabeek t7ebni”… I never told you that it was enough.. Your love was enough… Its all I ever needed… I never told you how you meant the whole world to me.. I’m screwed up bedonek baba! Madre shasawi.. Yubba u always had the answers yubba madre shasawi! Yubba ana thay3a.. ana ta3bana bedonek I need you to be here.. Yubba abe akalmek.. I need you to tuck me in bed.. … Everyone is taking care of me bss yubba they can’t replace you! Wainek! I wanna see you! Just one more time.. They took you away… I didn’t even say good bye.. All I wanted to do is hug you just one more time,… Just tell you ennaa You were enough… I never needed anything else.. You were enough… you were my hero.. you were and always will be the number one man in my life… You raised me and taught me how to be me… I was good.. I was great.. I used to see the pride in your eyes when you saw me… I’m sorry that I’m nothing without you… I’m sorry I failed you…

11 comments:

  1. walla 7asait a7ad ripped open my chest oo ga6a3 galby
    im sorry you feel this way. your not a failure, never will be. law 3ami here today he would be more than proud to see how strong his daughter has grown up to be, anyone would be more than delighted to have you in their lives. walla maga3ad abalegh your a shining star in everyones life. your more than an amazing daughter, incredible sister and remarkable friend. i love you tatio and im always here;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg
    That made my heart shatter into a million pieces
    Maybe i cant relate to this directly, bas i can see ur words describing a friends case.. Seeing her like this kills me
    Allah i3eenkum oo i9aberkum
    Amazingly written

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is heartbreaking..i know it hurts..
    always remember the loving person u are..u change lives big sis!!!..u changed mine!!! never think ur a failure not for a second!!! im sure if 3ami was here he would be the proudest dad seeing where u stand today! Remember always keep ur head up high and keep in mind how all these amazing traits uve got are from him!...and SMILE!!! ill always be there..im sorry u really dont deserve this! i love you big sis;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sad..
    you are not a faluire.. For having all this and for you to be able to live, you are somethng else..

    I bet he is proud of you.. for that you are and what you will be..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taty boop: come home oo bss;*

    anonymous: thank you wayed.. oo allah e3een ur friend.. oo trust me, tara having friends around makes all the difference;**

    Sweeni: when to9len lekwait i'll smile;*

    Standy: I hope hes proud.. Thank u wayed;*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feeel exactly like u sis, seriously exaactly... failure, regret,depression, pain, paain, paaaiiin!!! i wish i told him these things sooner w more, i wish i made him feel more important than 'the bank' he thought was, i wish i was stronger, i wish i can have my old life back!!!... most of all, i wish i can see his perfect smile, hear his joyful voice, and feel the warmth of his hug :'(

    am staring at the screen, i dunno wut i can say abt him.. no words can EVER explaain how i feel without him, how much he means to me, how much i miss him, how much i love him, how much i thnk of him daily...

    magoool ila Allaaah yer7umaa 7abeeby w yaskinaa bfasee7 janataah nshalaa... kan 3ayesh baaina mithel il malaak, protecting us, providing 4 us, putting us 1st in everything.. ma3umra athaa a7ad wela qalaaa6 3laa a7ad.. kan i7ib il kel, wil kel i7ibaa.. alf l7amdilaa ina hatha ubooy..

    Am proud of him, alwaaays will be! and proud of u 7beebty;* loove u;***

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh

    like the first post i ever read of yours, yet again this one made me break down into tears completely..

    dont be too hard on yourself..we are our own worst critic..

    im sure you are your fathers daughter through and through..and that you will continue to make him proud throughout your life..Allah yr7oma..he will live on through your beautiful memories with him..

    okay, im sorry but now i really need to give you a big fat suffocating hug..momkin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. anonymous: u explained a lot of how i feel... its like more than a year later and el wath3 is still very strange.

    desertpalms: ur right.. he does live thru our memorie.. Loool u CAN give me a big fat suffocating hug 7addech!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7beebti captivated, 3awartay galbi :( 9ij malat hug. I loved you from your first post wil7een I love you more!

    This post is sad yet beautiful because you're writing from the heart. And like everyone said, you are not a failure. You are very brave and strong to be standing on your own two feet now and he would be extremely proud of you. The pain that you have is so deep and just undescribable, a7is ay shay agoola lich ma ra7 ysa3id lana the pain is so deep o mani gadra at5ayal il shu3oor! Bas magol ila Allah y9abirkom inshallah o ywafigkom o ya7meekom o ya36eekom 3ala gad neyatkom lena you deserve it and more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear,

    I read your post on ilsul6ana's blog, and I wanted to let you know that we are in the same boat. Do read my own post about losing my father, hopefully you will find some solace in knowing you are not alone, and that our deen can guide us through our pain.

    http://9afwa.blogspot.com/2009/05/baba.html

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. elieruby: Loool Thanks for all the hugs.. walla i can use all the hugs i can get 3ad! thank you wayed for ur comment it meant the world;**

    Anonymous: i read ur post, its amazing! ur right.. there's so much in common between the way we feel.. allah e9aberkumm oo allah yer7am uboch oo jme3 el muslemeen;*

    ReplyDelete